Tuesday too

7. Break now

… till evening.

6. Similar to N5

5. Night follows day

4. From Rossa’s mother

3. First, look at the opening of the url

That tells us all we need to know on the topic. Look, nothing against the lady, I’m sure she was just the best going … but this is being used and coming from that lot … sorry but not interested.

2. The situation in Oz

Always good to get feedback from Downunder:

Let’s face it, the only reason that Australia’s conservative prime minister is so desperate to grant citizenship to anyone from Hong Kong with a pulse is one last ditch effort to delay the inevitable property meltdown. Not on my watch, Mildred!

1. Saw this on Twitter

With visual evidence uploaded onto FaceBook, Tumblr and Instagram, etc., soy boys from strip malled subdivisions could accrue street cred.

[H/T Chuckles and haiku as applicable]

10 comments for “Tuesday too

1. Toodles
    July 14, 2020 at 18:19

3.”‘The news of Swegle’s achievement came the same day a female soldier graduated from the Army’s elite Special Forces course, becoming the first woman to join a Green Beret team.”

Funny how that works!

I am with you J. If the woman or man is extremely qualified then go for it. To base filling a position or to over-fill a quota is not fairness. It just ain’t! It is about stoopidness. It is part of a sinister plan based on lies. Lies…are they part of goodness? Is lying fair to anyone?

The way that article is written and the way the U.S. Navy is run makes one, such as I, who obviously is not the most bright and learned person, but perhaps is endowed with a bit of that common sense so detested by Them, shake her head. I just a hair away from convulsing.

Just look at their newest rule on church attendance by Navy personnel. The following day after it was made public, it was recinded….part of the directive … for only a while, probably. Scary, to my way of thinking.

The original directive did not put the quietus on things such as public transportation, house parties of any size and even of sailors participating in the ‘protest du jour’ if you get my drift.

Drifting…is exactly what the Navy and the rest of our armed services and leaders of ‘anything everywhere’ are doing. Why is that?

Therefore, I am not surprised at the the ‘achievement’ by Swegle, whether totally qualified or not, in our illustrious Navy.

I do believe those responsible for her promotion or any flyer’s promotion ought to be forced to ride a few exercises with her and the others….just to make sure everything is A-okay!

• Andy5759
      July 15, 2020 at 22:28

Wicked Toodles! You know that if they had to fly with the new recruit it would be women at the laundry doing the hard shift.

You reminded me of an old friend of mine who told many tales of his days in the Royal Marines. On one occasion they were in deepest Africa waiting to board a rickety old plane being serviced by some locals. After a long wait the NonCom in charge got them loaded up. The officer appeared and went up to the mechanics, nothing could be heard by the grunts aboard but the signs were ominous. First the officer would point to the port engine, locals nod and grin furiously. Next the officer pointed to the starboard engine, same response from locals. Then officer pointed to orange clad mechanics and then at aircraft. The reaction was immediate, the locals shuffled away from plane, the Marines got off the plane. Everything turned out alright in the end, the mechanics flew, the plane got up and down safely. Apparently there was an awful smell coming from the trussed up orange bundles at the back.

2. Toodles
    July 14, 2020 at 18:29

There are several more news outlets with the info…for a while. I have seen others.

• July 14, 2020 at 19:06

Yes, Toodles, you speak the plain truth.

3. Penseivat
    July 14, 2020 at 18:30

4. I wonder if 4 out of 3 people also have problems with grammar? It should be “MATHS” (from Mathematics), not “MATH” (from Mathematic). The science of numbers in the plural, not a number in the singular.
    I bet the T shirt is American.
    But then, what do I know? I left school with a certificate I could swim two lengths (as opposed to two length) of a swimming pool.

• July 14, 2020 at 19:05

Even spelling might be an issue.

• Toodles
        July 14, 2020 at 19:32

Hey, we gots isthues over here, I ‘m tellin’ya!

• July 14, 2020 at 20:06

Over here too – you should see the literacy of journos now.

4. Toodles
    July 16, 2020 at 07:03

Andy, things begin to really matter to most people when they find themselves in precarious situations or when placed under certain circumstances. Those circumstances usually occur when things may directly affect them and most likely in a negative way.

What a great story!

I have no doubt of the validity of your friend’s tale. No matter the continent, country, town, hole-in-the-wall location on the planet, there will always be the orange bundles smelling up the place when put on the spot in which they must face something possibly wrought by or maybe… perhaps…and most probably knowingly ignored by themselves.

A disgruntled cook should always be made to sample his dishes before serving to others!

Oh…and lil ole me wicked? Surely you jest!!! 😉

• Andy5759
      July 17, 2020 at 18:31

Of course I jest.

We are the righteous discussing and exposing the truly wicked.

Comments are closed.